Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Update on Ethics of Globilization

Today was our first real class and I couldn’t be more excited about the semester. Our teacher walks in, an older, somewhat scary looking man, wearing a nice cozy sweater and scarf ensemble. He made me nervous until he made fun of a girl who said that one of our textbooks was no longer “getable”. He is American, laid-back about attendance but has no tolerance for grammatical errors on papers, definitely knows what he’s talking about and has a very sarcastic sense of humor. We’re going to get along great. The class requires a lot of reading and a research paper that accounts for 50% of our grades (yikes), but I think it’s going to be really interesting.  We started off the class discussing Nike (always fun) but he was objective and didn’t immediately bash the corporation for it’s outsourcing which I appreciated. Considering my class is at three, my body and mind should both be fully awake for it every day so I really expect to enjoy it, even though it’s two and a half hours long and we sit on pink couches with zero back support. 

Some shots of my classroom... Sala Rossa in all its glory.

Personally I found the artwork and chandeliers distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment