Tuesday, May 29, 2012

La Mia Amica Italiana

Before I left for Italy, I had expressed interest in being a part of a program that allows us to live and attend events with Italian students. Although this did not, as I had expected, make me fluent in Italian, living with Marta was one of the best things about my semester abroad. Aside from being the sweetest little angel of a roommate anyone could ask for, Marta was so helpful and always willing to take us to her favorite places in Florence. The relationship was mutually beneficial, so while she showed my roommates and I around and helped us with our Italian, we all taught Marta new words like “sassy” (constantly applicable to either of us on any given day) and introduced her to movies like The Sound of Music and Roman Holiday. Marta and I plan to keep in touch and hopefully she’ll be visiting America soon, but I will never forget how much she contributed to my amazing semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment